How to Decorate Your Bar Cart the Right Way
We reached out to Monica, with Lavin Label, www.lavinlabel.com to receive tips on how to tailor a sophisticated bar cart for your next party. Here are just a few of her tips -
1. Pick a Color Palette and Stick to it. It’s no surprise that I picked blue and green (since that’s the color palette throughout my house)! I started with beautiful mix and match vases. Look for vases that have patterns in the color of choice, then add solid vases that are in the same color family. Finally, I went for a larger vase, for the top of the cart in order to add texture.
2. Invest in a Tray. Trays always tie everything together. I loved this white textured shell tiled oval tray that not only complimented the vases, but also the gold cart! It’s an instant way to make your cart look clean and chic. I’d also recommend using a platter to hold the garnishes.
3. Provide a Drink Menu. Your guests are probably going to be socializing, so don’t make them figure out the recipe for the cocktail that you’ve planned. Provide them with a beautiful menu that walks them through the recipe. I love how the combination of calligraphy and decorative paper adds an element of sophistication to any bar cart.
4. Provide Beautiful Cocktail Napkins. I’ve been eyeing the Halo Home by Kimberly Whitman designs for quite some time now. When I came across their brand, I instantly fell in love with their fringe monogram cocktail napkins . They actually were the inspiration for this entire look! Cocktail napkins are an easy way to add a beautiful and personal element to your bar cart.
5. Pack a Punch with Flowers. Work with a local florist to dream up a floral design for your vases. I prefer a simple and classic look, so I stuck with one color–green. Not only does it make a statement, but it also brings out the colors in the napkins and the artwork in the room.